Kunstinitiatief VHDG is looking for an fresh and eyecatching artwork that just asks to be looked at from all sides. A temporary artwork that for one month, day and and night, will be located at the Julianalaan in Leeuwarden. Do you have the artwork that will elevate the roundabout to being more than a pedestal? That will turn the idea of ‘roundabout art’ completely upside down? Or that will provide a new perspective on the public space in Leeuwarden?
The work has to be film enough to endure the life of one month on the orundabout. Surprise us – and the roundabout art viewer – with an artwork that looks into the world from these exact coordinates: 53.189021, 5.786966, and invites to be admired from every angle. We want to surprise passersby and local residents, trigger them to think and make the public space exciting.
The honorarium is for editing an existing work.
Specifications for submission:
- Send your submission before April 4 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pictures (max. 5) of the work you propose for the roundabout and A video can be sent through a link or attaching a separate file.
- Short description of the work you propose for the roundabout (max. 300 words).
- Short description of your artistic practice and method (max. 150 words).
- Impression of your method or previous projects through three examples of earlier work (a picture and a short description per work).
- You are a professional artist: you are actine in the Netherlands and are registered in the Chamber of Commerce.
- The results will be shared on April 20.
- Honorarium: 3500 euro, material budget: 1000 euro, travelling costs: max. 250 euro (BTW included in these amounts)
- Location roundabout
- Previous roundabout projects
- Traffic may not be affected in any way by the work. The work is outside day and night. The work has to be resistant to storms and vandaliation. Unfortunately the work can not be insured.
- Production: You are capable of installing and removing your artwork. Productional support by VHDG is available.
- Festive opening or public event will be tied to the period of exhibition, or a celebration at the end can be discussed with the team of VHDG.
Design: Niels Lunter